Accepting credit & debit card payments has become a near necessity for businesses of all kinds. Yet, if you’re like most business owners, you are not satisfied with the merchant discount rate - or swipe fees as they have come to be known in the media – that you are paying to accept card payments from your customers.
Having more knowledge about what determines the discount rates and fees that impact your bottom line cost will help you make an informed decision when selecting a card processing provider. Understanding the importance of price structure and having a working knowledge of Interchange qualifications are very important.
At the same time, the payments industry has become more complex in terms of pricing, regulations and technology. Complexity makes it hard to understand your merchant statements and how rates and fees are calculated and billed.
Card payments may be one of your largest line item expenses on your P&L yet you may not be taking advantage of all the ways to lower these costs. This webinar will share with you important information to help you lower your bottom line cost of accepting card payments by:
- Explaining the largest components of your merchant fees
- Discussing how Interchange is priced
- Covering the top factors impacting your cost of card acceptance
- Providing strategies you can use to actively manage and lower these expenses
- Sharing free resources and tools you can use to help you benchmark your costs against others in your industry